The Truth in OH-2 CD

The voice of TRUTH for politics in the Second Congressional District of Ohio.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Schmidt’s “Memory Loss” a Cause of Concern for Ohio Voters

Schmidt’s “Memory Loss” a Cause of Concern for Ohio Voters

West Union, OH

Recently sworn testimony given by Congresswoman Jean Schmidt last April in defense of her fake college degree case in the Ohio Elections Commission made its way to the Internet (http://i.gleeson.us/gb/0609/schmidt_deposition.pdf ) and many voters have begun asking how someone the Cincinnati Enquirer endorsed as having a “file card memory” could possibly remember so little about critical events in her life.

Ohio Second Congressional District independent write-in candidate Nate Noy who recently brought the now infamous “Photogate” case to the Ohio Elections Commission had this to share: “Schmidt’s sworn deposition provides keen insight into the memory of our ‘esteemed’ Congresswoman. While on the campaign trail I have been sharing Ms. Schmidt’s sworn testimony with likely voters, and all are shocked that the only ‘file cards’ Ms. Schmidt appears to remember are the ones her script writers provide her.”

Noy went on to provide some specific examples from Schmidt’s testimony and share an additional concern: “What really concerns me is not only Ms. Schmidt’s loss of memory but also her elitist attitude towards the voters that comes through loud and clear to anyone that takes a view minutes to review her testimony.”

Some of the questions that led to Noy’s concerns and Schmidt’s responses are provided below.

Q. Do you have an understanding as to why you may have a Web site?
A. At this point, I think it's a good question. I don't have an answer why I would have it at this point.

Q. You're paying money to host a Web site, is that right?
A. I guess I am.
Q. So, why are you doing that?
A. I don't know.
Q. Well, if you don't know, ma'am, who would?
A. I don't know.

Q. You don't know who would even know why you would have a Web site?
A. It's a personal question. You know, at this point, I don't know why I would even want a Web site.
Q. So are you saying you're going to take it down?
A. I don't know.
Q. What would you need to know to make that determination?
A. I don't know.
Q. Do you even know what you use the Web site for?
A. I don't use the Web site.


Q. Is that a B.S. or a B.A.?
A. I'm not sure. I think it's a B.A., or is it a Bachelor of Science? I don't know. I would have to say I don't know.

Q. And when did you start pursuing, then, the master's of education degree at UC?
A. I'm not sure.
Q. When did you stop attending the classes in pursuit of the master's?
A. I'm not sure.
Q. Do you know what years -- after 1974, do you know what years specifically you attended classes at UC?
A. I'm not sure.
Q. To your knowledge, did you attend any classes after 1986?
A. I'm not sure.

Q. And have you ever received a degree in social studies?
A. I'm not sure.
Q. What classes would you have taken that would make you unsure or make it a possibility that you would have obtained a degree in social studies?
A. I don't know.

Q. You completed some course work in 1986 at UC, is that correct?
A. Yes.
Q. That was in pursuit of the master's degree, is that right?
A. I'm not sure.

Q. Have you ever had a teaching certificate?
A. Yes.
Q. When was that?
A. I'm not sure.
Q. When you completed your course work, then you also had to do certain hours of teaching, isn't that correct?
A. I don't know.

Q. What is your understanding of the certificate that you had?
A. I don't have any understanding of the certificate that I have.



For more information regarding the feedback received from likely voters please contact the Nate Noy for Congress Committee campaign headquarters at 513-259-7782 or admin@noyforcongress.com.

-30-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home