The Truth in OH-2 CD

The voice of TRUTH for politics in the Second Congressional District of Ohio.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What the liberals will never tell you: Illegal Immigration and how it impacts the Economy

Earlier today I was reviewing a blog from the dark side of the political spectrum (the progressive liberals of course) and there was what I believe a misguided and uninformed discussion claiming that the 2003 tax cuts could have somehow resulted in the “killing of wages and job growth.” One critical issue, that for some reason a majority of liberals tend to ignore, is the economical impact of massive illegal immigration.

This is not at all a complicated issue to explain. All economic models are based on the assumption of “all else being equal.” The models also assume that we have a natural unemployment rate around 3.5%. (Don’t let any of those Keynesian economists try to feed you any of that 6% nonsense they spew.) This unemployment rate assumes normal birth and death rates. However, this model does NOT assume massive ways of illegal aliens that come into this country, take a significant number of jobs, and send 80-85% of their wages back to their home countries. (The social problems that surround this issue are a topic for another day.)

Yes, I do have a degree in Economics so I can safely say that I know EXACTLY what I am talking about here. I have an Econ 101 primer on my website if anyone is interested: http://www.noyforcongress.com/services.html.

I managed a restaurant for a year near East Gate Mall in OH-2. My employees from Mexico were the hardest working individuals by far. The culture in Mexico is one that installs a work ethic that a number of Americans are clearly lacking, especially those that grow up with a sense of entitlement that the government forces upon them. Every manger out there in the entire service industry would likely be happy with a staff full of Mexican employees (and yes they were ALL from Mexico and as Mexican’s they considered it an insult to be referred to as Latino.)

I speak from first hand knowledge on the issue of entitlement as well, I myself grew up on Food Stamps in Pike County and most of the people living in government housing around me had a mentality that the government owed them something whether they were going to work for it or not. Luckily a majority of the people in Pike County had the same work ethic that those from Mexico are taught. As do most residents in Adams, Brown, Clermont, Scioto and Warren Counties; (and the part of Hamilton County in OH-2.) So, I washed dishes, served food and took out the maximum in student loans to get myself through school because I understood what hard work and trusting in God can lead to. I also witnessed this same mindset of entitlement that “it wasn’t my fault” or “I didn’t do it” when I represented indigent defendants my final year of law school.

Karl Marx would be very happy with our situation today. However, we have ample evidence that his theories don’t work out all that well when put into practice. John Locke on the other hand knew exactly what the role of government is supposed to be. Give him a read if you don’t know what I’m talking about: the 2nd Treatise of Civil Government by Locke (which not only is the place I’ve been getting my ideologies it just happens to also be a little document that Jefferson and the boys were citing verbatim when they drafted a little something called the Declaration and the Constitution.)

It’s easy to sit back and discuss theory when you’ve never had to live something. By all conventional measures I should be a yellow dog D. I’ve never received anything from any political party or politician. However, I HAVE been there and done that. I know that the theory of supply side economics really does work when properly implemented (Ronald Reagan proved that.) I can also say with a high degree of certainty that John Locke got it right and President Reagan knew that as well.

As always I welcome all counter arguments.

Peace and God Bless,

Nate Noy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds ok, but what about the children of the illegals?

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home